The Gilbert Tiger Lacrosse Code of Conduct
If You Play, You Agree...
The Gilbert Tiger Lacrosse program is dedicated to providing its participants with a quality lacrosse experience, combining a high level of competition with an environment enabling its athletes to develop and enhance the skills and attributes necessary for success well into their future. Throughout these efforts, Gilbert Tiger Lacrosse is committed to preserving the honor of the game and the true spirit of competition. To help fulfill its mission, Gilbert Tiger Lacrosse expects that all participants abide by its Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in immediate suspension or dismissal from the program.
1. Every player must have fun and work hard every time they step foot on the field.
2. Gilbert Tiger Lacrosse players/parents are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that honors the game and demonstrates respect for coaches, teammates, officials, visiting teams, parents, adults, and spectators NO EXCEPTIONS. If you do not adhere to these expectations you will be asked to leave and subject to dismissal from the program.
3. Zero tolerance for back talk, negative attitudes to included practice and games. This may result in loss of playing time and disciplinary action including dismissal from the program. Parents please help be a positive example. No negative communication to coaches, officials, opponents and/or fans of the game.
4. Zero tolerance for tobacco, drug and alcohol use by any player. Violation of this rule will result in disciplinary action and/or removal from the program.
5. Players will be prepared with proper equipment and on time for all practices, meetings, games, and/or any other Gilbert Tiger Lacrosse function. Please contact Head Coach if you are going to be late. This is a respect issue gentlemen to the coaches and your teammates.
6. Players must attend all practices, games, and events unless the coach has deemed it optional. Missed practices/events may result in loss of playing time and disciplinary action including dismissal from the program.
7. All players must obtain a passing grade average and supply progress reports to the coaching staff when asked. If the player does not improve the grade within 2 weeks his playing time will either be reduced and/or dismissed from the program. We have high expectation of all of our players and we will expect nothing less.
8. Players/Parents are expected to treat all facilities and equipment with respect. The program will not tolerate any actions of vandalism or actions that result in damage to property. Gilbert Tiger Lacrosse will hold its players legally and financially responsible for any and all damages they may cause to the property or facilities or any, and all, fields and facilities visited by the Gilbert Tiger Lacrosse Program.